The Best Hunting Ammo For Your Rifle, Shotgun or Muzzleloader
For most hunters their pre-season is focused around obtaining their chief piece of hunting equipment; a deer hunting rifle. Once this selection is made, then having the best hunting ammo 38 special ammo available to fill the chamber is the selection of the best ammunition for your new rifle, shotgun or muzzleloader; I have listed what I consider to be the best hunting ammo available in the following categories; centerfire ammo, slug ammo and muzzleloader ammo.
• Federal Premium Vital Shok- Federal’s “Trophy Bonded Tip” possess a solid copper shank and exterior skiving on the bullet which facilitates the best possible expansion at any range. This bullet supplies bone crushing energy to the target every time. Federal Premium has expanded this line to include a 140-grain 7mm Rem. Magnum, 140-grain 7mm WSM and a 160-grain 7mm STW.
• Hornady Superformance- With many changes in the propellants used in their loads, Horandy prides itself on having higher velocity than its competitors. Hornady uses normal charge weights with other specialized powders to achieve these results. Superformance can be found in.243 Win., 6mmRem.,.257 Roberts, 25-06 Rem., 6.5 Creedmoor and.270 Rem.
• Winchester SuperX PowerMax- Winchester has perfected the protected hollow-point (PHP) jacketed bullet. The PowerMax is available in.243,.30-06,.300Win. Mag.,.300 WSM (my personal favorite), 7mm Rem. Mag and 7mm WSM.
• Federal Fusion Shotgun Slugs- Federal continues the innovations and selections in their Fusion line of ammo. The latest loads leave the barrel between 1,450- 1,700 fps. New additions to this line in the 12-guage & 20-guage categories are a 3inch, 7/8 ounce sabot slug and a 2 3/4 inch, 7/8 ounce sabot slug.
• Remington AccuTip Sabot Slug- This line is topped